It all started with Minecraft.
What? you may ask, well yes, I say to that. I love playing Minecraft, and that started my career.
I accidentally discovered my calling while playing with my friends. Minecraft is a multi player game that allows you do basically do everything you want.
I learned the penguin, aka Linux. It was rough, but I got the hang of it. Then as I became more intrested, I started to dig deeper, and fell in the rabbit hole.
That's the short story of how I became who I am today.
Skills & Experience
- Background on service provider networks, including:
- Routing (BGP, OSPF, IS-IS)
- Internet Services (DNS, DHCP, NTP, BRAS)
- Connectivity (Ethernet, IPv4, IPv6, and MPLS)
- Strong understanding of network security technologies, their operation and limitations, including:
- Switching and routing
- Network security and Anti-DDoS measures
- Network access control solutions
- Network IDS/IPS solutions
- Network monitoring solutions (Nagios, Cacti, Observium)
- IPSec and TLS based VPNs
- Familiar with layer-1 troubleshooting (datacentre, transport, optics, circuit troubleshooting, activation)
- Familiar with layer-2 & layer-3 networking
- Familiar with networking protocols and the OSI model
- Network Automation, with Python, JS
- Experience with hands-on work in bringing up network infrastructure
- Experience creating documentation and procedures
- 2 years of professional experience operating service provider, cloud, webscale network, deploying enterprise network solutions.
- Operational experience in a Linux production enviroment
- Experience with Python & Bash scripting
- Experience hardening Linux operating systems
- Adept at learning new technologies and systems
I love learning new things and challenging myself to the next level. I'm not afraid to learn.
Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. - Benjamin Franklin